Saturday 17 October 2015

Come on, boys, put in a big week

Visited on Sunday and I'm optimistic the end October building completion is possible. We said we would not post another picture of a dirt driveway, so here's the progress.


This concreted section looks like it will be paved in the middle, and it joins up to the paved section along the driveway, like this.


Oops, now we've revealed that the rest of the forecourt is not finished, so we might as well give the whole game away.


I know it looks messy but I don't see why this should take too long to complete. I think this whole section will be ashphalt (a mixture of bitumen and rock) and once the section is levelled, it's one decent pour. Surely that's easier than pavers. So come on, lads, make it happen this week.

One good thing this photo shows is the neat paved finish linking the building to the external lift. The door into the ground floor is on the right, after the car park entrance and before the glass screens.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Graham and Elana, thank you for the pictures. I wish I could share your optimism about completion, but to me this seems like 3-4 weeks of work. If I saw these photos not knowing the progress history - I would say this should take a week to complete. However, given the slow pace of late - I am not sure. Hope to be wrong and fingers crossed for that!!! One question - did you see if any car park entry/exit roller door has been installed? I understand the car park will be secured? Cheers, Elena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elena, fair comment, things have gone slowly lately. Can't recall seeing a roller door. Cheers, Graham

    ReplyDelete