Friday 28 August 2015

Inside some apartments, and work-in-progress


Inside the apartments, the floorboards are down, and kitchens and bathrooms seem almost completed. Here's a typical lounge/kitchen combination from an owner who chose the darker finish for the kitchen cupboards. Lot of lights and an open plan.


Bathrooms are stylish with Villeroy & Boch basin and WC plus Grohe fittings. Maybe the angle of the camera, but is the mirror a bit high? 


This is an earlier photo taken some months ago, just before the floorboards were down, looking from the window towards the built-ins, and across the corridor to the bathroom. This will be the standard appearance in most bedrooms, but the flooring will make a massive difference.


What we really want to know is, when can we move in? My latest call to Ceerose has not been returned. It's nearly September, and I hate to say it, but there still seems a fair bit of work to do outside. The gracious side of me thinks Ceerose is putting a lot of effort into making the final product a top quality job, rather than finishing it later. For example, in the second photograph below, they are now installing kerbing down each side of the driveway, which will look good.

But look at all those pipes at the end of the drive yet to be installed. Gulp!!!



13 comments:

  1. Hi Elana, my first post here so just want to say a big thank you for creating this blog and bring everyone together. I was wondering does the balcony have sliding panels? As I read in one article long ago that it will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, good to hear from you, not sure about every apartment, but I know the apartment we have bought does not have sliding panels on the balcony. Others may be different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the update Elana , does kitchen countertop come with every unit ? I can't see one in my 3beds . I find out the the actual unit is dramatically different from the floor plan when I purchase . According to my floor plan all bedrooms are on one side of the living room now they are being allocated by two sides of the living room. I have not hear anything re the change from my solicitor .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nathan, every apartment should have a full kitchen set up, including kitchen countertop. In case you do not have it, we will post the full schedule of finishes on the next blog. On the layout of your apartment, you should talk to Ceerose. How do you know it has changed? I think they are entitled to amend the layout but your apartment can't be overall more than 5% less than the size you paid for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. one of the guy on site kindly pointed my unit I could see it from the ground , he told me the bedrooms are allocated differently from my layout . Understand about the 5% but the change of layout at this scale is something I did not encounter before. Surprise surprise

      Delete
  5. Nathan: if you mean the kitchen "island", I am not sure all units came with that. For example my unit did not have the island in the original floor plan diagram.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agree, Kaushal, ours does not have an 'island' either. I think the designer has taken a decision on whether it suits the apartment's set up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi All, hopefully there is no size trimming on overall lot size.
    There may be some slight change on 1 bedroom unit (at least mine will) on the bathroom size. Some space on the bathroom will be replaced and used as a part of living/dining room. I do not mind this change at all as I like more living area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria, may I ask how you found out that there was a definite change in space to your apartment?

      Delete
    2. Hi Viliala, I have met one of the supervisor. He asked which one is my unit and actually checked it out himself (took photos for me - earlier installation stage taken months ago). It was 'slightly' different to floor plan as mentioned above. Hope that helps.

      Delete
    3. Thanks so much Maria! I'm glad that the slight changes were in your benefit. And definitely fingers crossed for minimum trimming and overall retention of total sqm lot sizes for everyone.

      Delete
  8. Thank you, Elana and Graham - very interesting to see how some apartments look inside! All appears the same / consistent with the display suite, which is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Noticed this on the village website - another guide to when we can move in

    Property Overview
    For Lease - Register Now
    Available From:
    Friday, 16th Oct 2015
    Features:
    Area Views

    ReplyDelete