Sunday 8 March 2015

Stairs to light rail are a surprise

Not quite sure what I was expecting, and this is not the finished product, but interesting to see progress on the stairs down to the light rail.

It's a more substantial structure than I expected. I realise HM is built at the top of the cliff and this doubles as a 'retaining wall', plus these steps are a new way down for everyone and not only the residents of HM. People from Pyrmont and Ultimo will have a far more direct route to the fish markets, light rail and eventually, The Bays Precinct.


This is going around to the right a little, where the lift is being built. Notice also that the external panels and windows are now complete on the top floor, the penthouses.


2 comments:

  1. I refer to your photo taken from the South East Corner, I can see 3 levels. As I bought an unit at 2/F, just would like to locate my unit. Are the 3 levels represented 1/F, 2/F and 3/F? Is it true that there is no G/F and 4/F in this corner? Hope you can help me, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melody
    You are correct that when you look at the building from the south east corner, it looks like only 3 levels. But there are 4 levels, as the ground floor apartment opens onto the garden area on the east side of the building, below the level of the driveway. It does not have any windows on the south side. This is because the land slides upwards from west to east. If you own apartment on the 2nd level in the corner, it looks like the middle floor in the photograph, and the 3rd level looks like the top. Is that clear?

    ReplyDelete